We are searching for a full-time Magnification Pastor who has an infectious love for Jesus, is above reproach (1 Tim 3) and is committed to a reformed, evangelical and complementarian position.
In addition, the applicant needs to be:
- humble, marked by a teachable attitude
- skilled in leadership & communication
- able to work in an ethnically diverse church across all ages
- self-starter and entrepreneurial
- able to work well with the staff team as first priority
- able to have a lot of fun!
The position will be remunerated in line with the Anglican Church of Sydney’s guidelines for stipend and allowances of an Assistant Minister (or Rector if the successful applicant is currently in that role).
The purpose of Magnification is to see God’s people glorifying God in all they do and to have them loving and delighting in him from the heart.
The role of the Magnification Pastor is to have MBM effectively embrace and pursue this purpose within all ministries of MBM.
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
The Magnification Pastor will be responsible for fostering a culture that inspires and equips people to:
- trust and obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus.
- gather regularly for corporate worship
- sing with joyful hearts to God and each other
- express thankfulness to God the Father for his grace and mercy
- depend prayerfully on the Holy Spirit
- hear and meditate on God’s words
The Magnification Pastor will have oversight and direction of three main ministries:
1. Sunday Gatherings
To oversee gatherings that are God-Glorifying, Word-based and which build up the saints, while keeping a clear eye to outsider.
The Magnification Pastor will lead teams and coach leaders involved in these gatherings, including the following areas:
- Bible reading
- Service leading
- Lord’s supper
- Stage design
Deliver consistent God-glorifying, high-quality music through teams that are loved and discipled – to see the congregation singing whole-heartedly to God and to one another. This includes oversight of Among Nations music ministry.
Develop a church culture of thankfulness and a prayerful dependence on the Holy Spirit. This includes (but is not limited to) oversight of prayer events and promotion of MBM’s daily bible-reading and prayer-journaling program (Undivided Attention).
The Magnification Pastor reports directly to the Senior Pastor and is a member of the senior staff team.
Applications Close: 10th June 2019
Ideal Commencement Date: June 2019 (we will wait for the right candidate)
For questions: Scott Lavender 0418 451 108 (Magnification Pastor 2011-2019)