In the Kitchen
- Place all personal items in the cupboard near the handwash basin. DO NOT put items on bench tops.
- Wash hands thoroughly in the handwash basin ONLY. Please remember to rewash after coughing, blowing nose, handling garbage etc.
- Start your shift with clean linen. Any dirty linen left out needs to go in the wash basket.
- MBM has a nut aware policy. Please do not bring any products that have nuts listed on their ingredients list.
- Wear food prep gloves or wash hands if handling food.
- Remember to change gloves or wash hands in between handling different food groups (e.g. bread, meat, cheese, fruit).
- A wound must be covered by a blue band aid and gloves worn over the top.
- Keep children out of the kitchen unless the children are cooking (e.g. school aged children who are being supervised by adults at all times).
- Use the correct colour coded chopping board (see guide posters on the wall and cupboard).
- Change knives or wash in between different foods.
- Only use wooden boards under coffee percolators and hot pots, etc. Keep percolator away from overhead cupboards because of steam damage.
- Use the correct colour coded cleaning equipment: see guide poster near sink and in Cleaners Store.
- Use paper towels for minor floor spills and the appropriate mop from Cleaners Store for major spills. Use “wet floor sign” if needed.
- Key to Cleaners Store is located on the hook above washbasin near kitchen entrance.
- Do not leave sharp knives laying around kitchen unattended.
- No urn is to put on the edge of a table at child's height.
- Tea and coffee should be served well away from food collection areas and lids provided for hot drinks.
- Wash all food prep and serving dishes with hot soapy water or wash in dishwasher (instructions on side of fridge). Don’t just rinse.
- Do not leave leftover food in fridge unless it is clearly marked who should use it (pens located in top of personal cupboard).
- All linen needs to go in wash basket, if wet leave out to dry.
- Leave sinks and strainers clean.
- All kitchen garbage bins need to be emptied and new bin liners put in.
- Floor needs to be swept and mopped if needed (place “wet floor” sign out when finished).
- If stocks are running low, check the reserve stock in Cleaners Store and Room 7 cupboards.